MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL !

Friday, October 25, 2013

BEAUTY BLOGGING TIPS | HOW I BLOG! + coming soon on the blog!



HEY DOLLS!

As promised I wanted to share with you how I blog and upload videos and all. 
If you're a reader - you're just going to find out the way I do things round here. 
AND If you have a blog - you might find some of the tips I do helpful. 


Due to the nature of this TOP SECRET blog post
 (you might want to buckle up for this one)
I will be splitting the post in two parts - BLOGGING and YOUTUBE.
the YOUTUBE part will be coming in the next post.



BLOGGING


#1 I PRE-PLAN POSTS. 
I don't schedule posts, because I like sharing them on facebook, twitter and such at the time of posting. 
BUT - I pre-plan my posts fully. All I have to do is click the PUBLISH button. 
Why do I do this? - because I'm a human being and I don't feel like blogging everyday. 

#2 I NEVER POST FOTD THE DAY AFTER
Why? Because sometimes - I have a week-full worth of FOTDs - 
but don't want to overload my blog with just FOTDs for that whole week. 
I like to change it up. -It's fun.

#3 I edit photos on picmonkey.com
 - I suck so much at photoshop, this is the next best thing for me. 
I don't know how to use any other editing program, so I just use this one.

#4 I take photos of products in the shade during daytime when the sun is bright 
This is the most perfect lighting I've found so far. So I try my best to shoot photos like this.

#5 I take photos of products on top of a clear white paper. 
I like the white background - plus my blog background is all white so it kind of fits in. 

#6 I take photos in bulk- even swatches 
- it's quicker when you've set up your photography section / camera and take photos of all products in bunch

#7 I *try* to take photos sealed and untouched.

#8 I edit photos in bulk
Again. The whole issue - of when I feel like doing it.

#9 I put photos of products into folders ASAP
because otherwise - everything will be all over the place

#10 I type out reviews only when I'm in the mood,
 otherwise I won't be putting my 200% in the post

#11 I upload photos on facebook and then drag them on my page. 
Why? Because I exceeded my upload limit a long time ago,
 and I'm not willing to pay for storage on the net.
 So I upload - refresh on the photos and drag them on the posts.

#12 I put a disclaimer on every post featuring products
 so that my readers will know whether I've been sent products for free or not.

#13 I type out FOTD products straight after I take photos, 
because my mind likes to play tricks on me and I often forget very easily.

 #14 I put a watermark on my photos 
because I've had it with people stealing my photos instead of taking their own. If they do that now - they will be promoting my blog at least.



WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE BLOG



As I have said, I plan to post much more videos on my youtube channel,
as of January 2014.
I will continue to post blog posts probably daily,
however, I will focus more on my youtube channel
because I've found myself loving posting videos more than I love posting blog posts.
I've been "just" reviewing products and posting FOTDs for ages on my blog.
So it's time for a change, I think.

As you all know - I love Makeup,
and that's my number one subject on the blog.
It's been the ONLY subject for so long,
but I want to do more than that.
So I launched this blog - so I could post anything non-makeup related over here.

We're expecting our first child at the moment,
and I know you might think I'm crazy for wanting to focus
more on youtube and videos and such,
however,
it's a passion I love,
my daughter will be my number one priority regardless
- but I feel it's also important for my daughter to have a happy Mum too.
And I want to do what makes me happy.

As I've said, I will not be posting baby photos or anything of the matter,
because I want the utmost privacy for my daughter.
Not that I think anything's wrong with posting photos of children,
and I'm not judging anyone.
But I don't want my daughter's photos all over the internet.

People can steal photos and mock me and do whatever they want.
But if I find anyone's stealing my daughter's photos I'd go all mama bear on the person.
And trust me - we wouldn't want that to happen.

Anyway, because I feel I'm randomly rambling now.
I've gained weight (12 kilos so far) during my pregnancy,
and I want you to take the journey with me to get my pre-pregnancy body back.
I know pregnancy changes you,
but I want to get fit and healthy
and
I want to take you on this journey with me.

Another thing that's coming up on the blog is more OOTDs -
I know my blog is mainly about makeup -
and that's what I love to post about most,
but I love incorporating makeup with clothes
(even though I often match my makeup with my clothes not the other way round)
and right now I obviously can't really post OOTDs -
when I'm 7 months pregnant and virtually nothing fits.

I am very skeptical on changing my whole wardrobe.
I won't be buying a whole new wardrobe to fit my new body,
because I want to get back to my original size (hopefully).

Anyway - reviews about products are going to continue coming
on * Makeup by Dyna as well as tips and FOTDs and anything related,
 because I love sharing with you about products I love and products I don't like.


I'm excited to share with you posts that might be non-makeup related every now and then,
and that still could be of help to you.
I'm not sure if I will be posting here daily, we'll see how things go. 

I hope you guys will love my posts and videos yet to come
in the new year
and I wish you dolls a good day!

- Dyna
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !