MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL !

Thursday, October 24, 2013

How to deal with.. PREGNANCY WEIGHT !


HEY DOLLS!


Almost 4 months in the photo

I've had a problem prior to my pregnancy with gaining weight
 and I remember how uncomfortable I felt being skinny.
I KNOW that the baby has to grow, so I automatically have to, too. 
But I wasn't quite prepared to step aside from wearing my normal wardrobe - 
For some reason in Malta - the maternity sections in shops suck big time, 
and everything looked unflattering on my belly - 
Thank God I have a patient boyfriend who's all into making his baby mama happy, 
and eventually found a shop that stocked up some flattering dresses for my new bump. 

My body started to bulge up and I wasn't quite prepared - I haven't been eating unhealthy or anything - but I can see my arms bulging up. And cellulite. Gosh - that better go away after pregnancy. 
My breasts doubled in size, and so has my butt - and even though you might be thinking
 - WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING?
- When you're used to wearing certain dresses it's tough to accept that your body is bulging up and you might not be able to fit into your wardrobe post-pregnancy.
Everyone keeps telling me I'll bounce right back. 
Somehow- I'm starting to accept I won't - because I KNOW I'll find it hard to accept after - 
should that be the case.

Everyone keeps telling me that it's normal - and it is - 
but aside from stating the obvious, 
it's HARD to digest that you've lost control over your own body. 

Even though everyone keeps telling you you glow and what not - 
you start to realise you're sweating in places you've never thought you'd be sweating.
You start to realise that sometimes you pee when you sneeze, 
and as you grow bigger and bigger - 
you start to feel uncomfortable in many ways. 


Not everyone likes to disclose on their pregnancy weight issues, 
because everyone automatically is somewhat shocked
that you're not comfortable in your new weight. 
I'm just saying it's normal to feel down
 because you've been gaining weight in areas you're not used to.
If you're pregnant - are planning a pregnancy, or want to be pregnant at some point, 
you probably might want to keep this in mind. 
I don't want to be the one person who's trying to scare off people from being pregnant or whatever. 
I'm just saying as it is - 
you might LOVE your new body, 
but chances are the big changes are a bit tough to digest, 
because no one really prepares you for them. 

Once you're pregnant, 
you've lost control of the energy, weight, shape and everything that is related to your body. 
YES - It's all for an amazing cause and I'm sure it will be worth it. 
But I hate that all the articles I've come across
disregard what goes through an expecting mother's brains. 
And it's tough to understand unless you've been through it. 

I'm not down or hormonal today - 
because I wouldn't have written this post if I were, 
I'm honestly saying it as it is
because it's better to prepare yourself and 
know that it's OKAY to feel like that
because changes are indeed hard to take in. 

32 weeks pregnant in the photo


AND YES!
it's all for a good cause. 
For a little one that you'll soon call your own :)

Dyna
xxx


3 comments:

  1. I'm not pregnant but I can totally understand how you feel. I believe you'll go back to your regular weight after birth, just have patience and give your body time to recover, your body is changing for 9 months so it needs at least 9 months to go back to normal, I don't understand how women lose all the extra weight in a couple months, it doesn't makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some women lose the pregnancy weight because breast feeding and simply taking care of the baby takes an immense energy toll on the body,especially if the child is a very hungry one and sleeps very little at a time. A close friend of mine was already very slim before the preagnancy and got HUGE during it ( although mainly around the midsection and her breasts). After her son was born she lost so much weight because of the breadt feeding and because he barely gave her time and will to eat. She is now so skinny, her hipbones are showing and if you don't know her, she looks almost anorexic ( its getting a bit better now that he's almost 2). I think some women also have it in the genes to loose weight quickly. My mom used to be a size zero before me and could kiss her good figure good-bye after having me haha.
      Dyna: for me as a large person without being pregnant it is impossible to imagine having your worries , I'll be honest. But I do understand that loosing control of your body and changing so drastically is worrying for you. But since you seem to have a genetic tendency to be slim I doubt you'll be keeping much weight afterwards. :-) You look very beautiful and stunning either way and are not fat or anything!!!!Hang in there, you've almost made it! <3

      Delete
    2. I can understand why it may sound melodramatic or what not. I was actually a bit underweight prior to my pregnancy so I had to gain the weight to be healthy and gain the pregnancy weight too. I've gained 13 kilos so far, and still have some 4-5 kilos more to gain till the end of the pregnancy. Baby's growing healthy and that's the most important thing.

      But looking in the mirror and seeing changes going on, is tough to digest, between pregnancy hormones and everything that's going on. I'll be talking about the post pregnancy weight on the blog, and I'm nervous to see how that'll go, but we'll see I guess. Thank you for your kind words X

      Delete

I would love to hear what you think !