MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL !

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Maltese 'pastizzi' facing extinction because of EU standards?


Times of Malta just published an article - READ HERE-
stating thatEU claims Maltese pastizzi recipe needs to be revised or they will face extinction
Their reasoning: it will reduce obesity by 4.3%. 

I MEAN ..SERIOUSLY?
I am Maltese - and I am NOT obese. 
Maltese obese people are not obese because of pastizzis. 
They are obese because when they eat, they eat huge portions. 
 And without needing to sound like I'm judging anyone who's obese or whatever, 
I used to be a waitress - 
and whenever someone obese came along, 
requesting a heavy duty chair because they're scared of breaking the normal ones, 
it's not pastizzis they ate (they didn't serve pastizzi where I was working.)

NO - they typically ordered:
A FULL PORTION of spaghetti bolognese as a starter
500gr RIB EYE with mushroom sauce + chips and salad
A slice of APPLE PIE with vanilla icecream (bear in mind I'd be full with just the apple pie)
And some 8 chocolate milkshakes throughout. 

And EU blames pastizzis.
Because all other junk food is NOT fattening, no. 
And by removing pastizzis, obese Maltese won't find alternatives.

I actually think the whole 350 calories per pastizz is too much, 
so yes, revamping the recipe would be great because of the healthier option, 
but threatening to remove our most famous pastizzi..

This better be an April's fool's joke. 
And I'm not even kidding.

EDIT!! : Apparently so it is. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think !