MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL !

Friday, April 11, 2014

TO THE YOUNGER GENERATION . AND TO ALL MOANING ABOUT THE YOUNGER GENERATION.


As you might know I'm a beauty blogger
but I'm also a big mouthed highly opinionated 
individual you see. 

I literally just read this article HERE
And to cut the long article short, 

it's basically a teacher moaning about the younger generation
 being on ask.fm and being rude and such.

I rolled my eyes throughout the article. 
To put things into perspective
I am a 22 year old university communications graduate. 
I used to work as a teacher to foreign students for a little over a year (mainly teenagers). 

I don't know what's with Maltese people (maybe it's not just the Maltese people)
but we like to complain, and we like to have our say about everything
and moan about everything. 

And obviously I'm Maltese so I'm going to moan about the moaning people. 

Back when I was in Form 4 - I remember we had this cool English teacher 
and he was just talking to us in class. 
He said that when the older generations moan about our generation
we shouldn't take notice, 
because when he was younger (he was probaby mid-40s back then)
the older generations complained about them. 
Whenever the newer technologies popped up - 
from TVs to telephones to mobile phones and what not
the older-not-used-to-the-new-technologies generations
moaned about new technologies and how it is affecting society. 
AND OF COURSE, 
Moaning that the younger people are spoiled brats 
who don't appreciate anything and respect the older generation. 

AND NOW. 
The moaners moan about ASK.FM and the bullying it comes with. 
As if bullying was not an issue in the past. 
As if ASK.FM invented it. 

I was a teenager once, 
I used to be on HI5
and post about "messiv najts" and
adding people I don't know 
and
talking to strangers on the web too. 

What happened ?
I grew up. 
I'm way more mature now and I don't do that anymore. 
Do I regret doing that?
HECK NO. 
I was a teenager, 
and if you are one - 
it's OKAY.
Ignore the moaners who are trying to make you feel like crap. 

I have one advice for you. 
DO WHAT YOU LOVE. 
DO WHAT MAKES YOU TRULY HAPPY. 
You're a teenager. 
ENJOY your teenage life. 
Be stupid if you have to. 
and just be YOU. 
 
 - Dyna



1 comment:

  1. This was a good read, loved it! :)

    Stay tuned to my page for future updates!
    https://www.facebook.com/ColorfulExistence

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think !