MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL !

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

9 months to MOMMY..


HEY DOLLS!

Ever since the start of my pregnancy, 
I was on the fence about sharing information about my pregnancy.
I have been rather personal about the matter, 
and the only few exceptions in which I've talked about my pregnancy 
is for a rather quick update, or because I think the subject I want to talk about might help other people
or lets other people gain insight about the matter. 

19 weeks pregnant in the photo


I'm expecting a baby girl in December (I'm 34 weeks along), and truth be told, 
no one can quite prepare you to become a mommy. 
Pretty much everyone wants to spoil you with advice, 
sometimes even from people who don't have children of their own.
Like - I myself cannot imagine myself giving advice to someone who's about to have a baby about how to raise their child, and I don't think I will be able to do that even after our little one is born. 

I'm not scared or nervous about becoming a mum - 
but sometimes it hits me that I'm carrying round a human being in my belly 
and it's our child that's coming into the world.
Everyone tends to read parenting books and all - 
and me - I don't believe in all that. 
I believe it all comes down to who you'd want your child to be, 
doing what's best for your child.
And somehow - I believe everything will kick in once we meet our baby for the first time. 

Don't get me wrong.
 I for one, believe that 9 months are not THAT short for a baby to come into this world. 
I hate the waiting game - I'm the type of person who just wants something,
I work hard to get it 
and I usually do.
But I can't speed up the time for the baby to come. 
I'm impatient as I'm getting to look more and more like Humpty Dumpty now. 

I have concerns too -
but I don't like to focus on negative thoughts,
I like to think of happy thoughts and everything that's positive.

I don't get what's wrong with people but almost everyone asks you if you plan to breastfeed your child.
I mean seriously -what type of question is that?
LOL I don't know if it's just me but I find it weird.

Also - I've met too many people trying to impose their birthing decisions into my own.
Telling me to give birth "naturally"
without pain medications, just because there's a certain pride in feeling pain
or uneducated people telling you not to take an epidural because you might "get paralyzed" ?!
I mean, seriously, you can decide to take or steer clear of pain medications yourself.
But don't judge me for wanting to take pain medications. JEEZ.

 Some people tell me not to keep the baby in my arms for too long,
because she'd want to constantly be there,
to let her sleep in a separate room,
or sleep in the same bed as I do -
just because that's how they raised their kids.
It gets somewhat tiring.

I believe people have their own way of raising their children,
we all want what's best for our kids-
but leave everyone to do it their own way.
I don't like being lectured about the subject.

Anyway.. this post is more of a ramble,
but I hope I didn't bore you to tears.

Have a great day,
and take care dolls!
Dyna
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Brace yourself for more 'advice' (people trying desperately to make you believe they're experts) once the little one is here. I've a 5 month old girl and still get random strangers pointing out certain things which are personal! The only advice I'll give you (:p) is; follow your instincts. Only you know what's best for yourself and your child. And enjoy the last few kicks :) you'll miss that wonderful feeling! Good luck! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I thought it was the hormones at first, to be honest, but people DO like to cross a line. At this point her kicks are so strong that even if you'd want to ignore them, she just wont let me hehe X But I'm sure it's going to be weird once the kicking stops and she's out..

      Delete
  2. Every pregnant women goes through the same experience, advice from everywhere, contradicting each other!! And when the baby is born even worse! and i believe that being a young mum made it worse, it's like they tell you in between the lines you're too young I have to teach you. I couldn't stand it. Then i got used to it, i believed i knew better, after all I had just finished an intensive 2 year course which included everything you need to know about children till 5 years of age. I found personal research was of great help and a good guide. but that's me, not every one is me! What was good for me may not be good for others, most of the people must learn this. The only good advise which must be given is: believe in yourself as a mother and never let anyone put you down, you know what is right for your child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That young-mum-thing I think is so true. Even if you're not asking for advice, they feel obliged to say it regardless.. :/ xX

      Delete

I would love to hear what you think !